Technical Lead, QAPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/10/2019
Job Title:Technical Lead, QA
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished material or product. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, conducts quality assurance tests, and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of, and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control, and/or research and development as they apply to quality control. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
- Plan and strategize for automation excellence
- Ensure the backward/forward compatibility of existing and future automation
- Identify the customer/persona based test scenario and have them automated
- Code review of test automation scripts
- Root cause the performance and footprint related to issue and help development resolving the defects
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Validate security posture of the environment after deployments
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to product requirements
- Troubleshoot and root cause issues and outages caused with deployments
- Ensure security validation through various product configurations
- Upgrade system validation with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train team members on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation
About you :
- Proven experience as a test automation architect
- Proven ability in delivering test automation frameworks
- Experience in performance engineering and validation
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Security Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (E.g. endpoint security, intrusion detection's, Whitelisting, EDR etc.,) and data backup/recovery
- Expert in implementing scripts/tools using Python, Perl, C or C++ or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)