Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 11/08/2019
Job Title:Technical Support Engineer
McAfee seeks a Technical Support Engineer for Gateway Security Products. The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in Security technology.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Interact with the McAfee customers via phone/email and by demonstrating the highest
level of urgency, resolve customer issues in timely manner.
- Provide remote support on the SIEM, DB Security products and resolve product related
issues during POC & post-deployment phase, through research and troubleshooting.
- Debugging system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment with high- level technical expertise on complex issues.
- Work closely with the Advanced Support team, product engineering team, product
management team to resolve critical issues
- Evaluate the criticality, severity of the issues, and ensure that they are addressed as per
- Work closely with the Sales teams, to identify the high visibility customers, and address
their issues with priority.
- Document all technical issues, analysis and communication with the customer and ensure a crystal-clear documentation.
- 5-6 years of experience in Network Security domain.
- Strong customer-focus and problem-solving attitude.
- Engineer should be specialized in enterprise gateway security products like IPS/IDS,
- Database Management, SIEM, Network DLP, Routers, Switches
- Act as a Single point of contact for each Customer reported Incident (manage, troubleshoot, resolutions). Handle the Service Requests from cradle to grave & with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written communication & Strong documentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/ IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL.
- Excellent Knowledge of Linux and Linux troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent Knowledge of DBMS, DB server technologies.
- Good knowledge of handling network down situations – this role will be handling S1/ S2
- CCNA, CCSP, CEH, RHEL, ITIL
- The ideal candidate will be a die-hard Engineer, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, documentation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.