Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 03/24/2020
Job Title:Technical Support Engineer
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About Role :
- Interact with the McAfee customers via phone/email and by demonstrating the highest level of urgency to resolve customer issues in timely manner.
- Provide remote support on McAfee Data Security products such as DLP and Encryption, and resolve product related issues during POC & post-deployment phase, through research and troubleshooting.
- Debugging system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment with high- level technical expertise on complex issues.
- Work closely with the Advanced Support team, product engineering team, product management team to resolve critical issues
- Evaluate the criticality, severity of the issues, and ensure that they are addressed as per the priority.
- Work closely with the Sales teams, to identify the high visibility customers, and address their issues with priority.
- Document all technical issues, analysis and communication with the customer and ensure a crystal-clear documentation
- 5-6 years of experience in Email and Web Security domain.
- Strong customer-focus and problem-solving attitude.
- Engineer should be specialized in Data Security products like DLP and Drive Encryption etc.
- Act as a Single point of contact for each Customer reported Incident (manage, troubleshoot, resolutions). Handle the Service Requests from cradle to grave & with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written communication & Strong documentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of Operating System, Active Directory, Hardware and associated Diagnostics, TCP/ IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL.
- Excellent Knowledge of Linux and Linux troubleshooting techniques.
- Good knowledge of handling network down situations – this role will be handling S1/ S2 Service
- Ready to work on 24/7 support center. This position requires you to work in continuous Night Shifts aligned to North America Business Hours.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.