Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/12/2020
Job Title:Technical Support Engineer
McAfee seeks a Technical Support Engineer for MVision Cloud customers. You show an experience and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and grow their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in Security technology. Drive customer success and satisfaction by solving the complex challenges with Security- Centric Solutions. Provide a differentiated service experience with customer - relevant outcomes through integrated solutions and support. Enable Customers to operate and realize outcomes for solutions by creative solutions.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About Role -
- Interact with the McAfee Cloud customers via phone/email and provide the highest level of urgency to resolve customer issues in timely manner.
- Provide remote support on our product and resolve product related issues during POC & post-deployment phase, through research and troubleshooting.
- Debugging system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment with high- level technical expertise on complex issues.
- Work closely with Support Escalation engineers to resolve critical issues
- Evaluate the scope for timely escalation and ensure that critical problems are addressed as per the priority.
- Document all technical issues, analysis and communication with the customer and ensure that the documentation is crystal clear with action items, CTAs etc
About You -
- 3+ years of technical support experience in large enterprise space with solid understanding of technical support processes, customer management/handling skills & ability to work under pressure and in shifts .
- The ideal candidate will be an die-hard Engineer, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, documentation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quality focus, result & goal orientation in a group situation and commitment to customer delight are a must.
- Sound fundamentals of TCP/IP, HTTPs,SSO-SAML, SAAS understanding and in-depth knowledge of Networking & Security Concepts.
- Excellent communication and customer management skills
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP,SMTP).
- Excellent understanding on application layer protocols (HTTP-HTTPs/SSL), PKI,Network Security – Firewalls/Proxy and SIEMs
- Understanding of cloud platforms like Azure, O365 suite, AWS, Salesforce is desired
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of Java and SQL is a plus
- Scripting language (e.g. Perl, python) is a plus
- Should be flexible to work in shift.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.