Technical WriterPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 03/20/2020
Job Title:Technical Writer
As a Technical Writer on the Knowledge Management team, and reporting to the manager of the Learning and Development team, the focus of this opportunity is to contribute to our important Knowledge Base by writing brief, clear, technical articles about McAfee products to help our customers use our products effectively. The Knowledge Management team is part of the Customer Success Group at McAfee. We are committed to providing our customers with the resources they need to use our products successfully. We are looking for an experienced technical writer(KA) to join us and help take our customer-centric deliverables to new heights.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- Write brief, clear, technically accurate Knowledge Base articles that that will help our customer/clients use and understand the products easily
- Work quickly and on multiple projects at a time
- Prepare KB articles to support McAfee’s monthly product release cycle
- Work with product teams, support engineers, and developers to obtain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the products you’re writing about
- Work with technical editors on the Knowledge Management team to ensure your KB articles meet organizational standards
- You will keep the articles updated which will help customer use the products
- Learn and follow the team’s well-defined processes. And, also provide input to make creative suggestions in the planning projects
- If you are an accomplished writer, this position is for you! You express strong communication, functional and technical skills to communicate technical content in a user-appropriate language
- Work with extended team members (engineers, product teams) to source details and understand the product better
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects and multiple stakeholders
- Commitment to technical accuracy
- Gain proficiency with new software tool(s) within 4-6 months of training
- Experience in customer support is desirable
- 2+ years of applicable experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Understanding of SEO a plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.