Technical WriterPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 05/10/2021
Job Title:Technical Writer
Role Overview:You will author source HTML files for online help, contextual help, and release notes, to name a few. The role also includes developing technical content for monthly releases. The information developer will also split their time for various McAfee products.
The Information Developer will work as part of an international team of information developers documenting McAfee's security software products for the enterprise market. The job is located in our Bangalore office, but you will collaborate regularly with other information developers, as well as with translators, programmers, project managers, and other specialists in North America, Europe and Asia.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- Provide product documentation, as assigned in Agile processes
- Track and document resolved Issues in monthly releases
- Perform peer reviews of managed product documentation
- Perform UI text reviews to make sure text adheres to guidelines
About you :
- 2-4 years' experience as a technical writer/information developer, preferably in the product software industry
- Strong technical background, ideally in the Cloud products and SaaS concepts
- Proven ability to write technical documentation in English(must provide samples)
- Must have XML based authoring skills
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Experience, or interest in, writing single sourced, task-based content
- Experience taking and editing screen shots is desired, but not required
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.