UX ArchitectPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/13/2021
Job Title:UX Architect
Role Overview:From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Works closely with other UX designers, product managers and engineers to understand the evolving needs of our users and provide solutions that enable their success.
- Leads with design by transforming user needs and business goals into “discovery” concepts that prompt early discussion and alignment.
- Creates visual assets and builds prototypes that demonstrate micro-interactions (and if possible, motion UI).
- Provides on-time deliverables that leverage McAfee’s design system.
- Remote/Bangalore based role that must remain visible and connected to teams in India, UK, Netherlands, and the United States. The ability to modify work hours (within reason) will be one of the keys to success in this role.
- Is a member of a product team that is responsible for product quality and continuous improvement.
- All candidates will be required to submit a portfolio of work samples and/or links to their work.
- 3+Years of overall experience in UX Design (preferably for complex web applications)
- Has a growth mindset that can explore divergent possibilities, progress in the face of ambiguity and lead with both vision and pragmatism.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with UX and cross-functional team members, regardless of their title.
- You work very well in a faster-paced, high-growth environment.
- You can solve complex design problems but have a sensibility for emerging consumer interaction models.
- You can evangelize directional solutions but work with teams to build them in practical increments.
- You tenaciously gather user and stakeholder feedback throughout the product lifecycle.
- Can create workflow-based solutions for a user’s end-to-end experience, not just standalone features and functionality.
- Can work effectively as a virtual member of a product team and can maintain a flexible work schedule.
- You are good with time management and can work with speed and agility (without sacrificing quality).
- Has proven and demonstrable experience in interaction design and visual design.
- Experience with motion UI and prototyping is a plus.
- An advantage:
- Cybersecurity experience is a huge plus
- Previous experience working with a distributed team
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.