Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Columbia, Bogota Date posted 09/13/2021
Job Title:Technical Support Engineer
Role Overview:Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection ad correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
General Job Position Description
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides end-to-end technical support for McAfee customers and is responsible for providing technical service of fault recording, diagnosis, problem solving and resolution delivery for McAfee's premiere customer base. The Technical Support Engineer or TSE will be the first and last person they call. They will rely on their extensive experience and product knowledge, as well as a clear focus on customer service to drive customer success. The TSE will provide technical support to IT personnel in customer's offices, McAfee field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex software, and sometimes hardware, issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Take the incident opened by the customer and troubleshoot, gather appropriate data, consult others when necessary and own the issue through to resolution.
- You will do the remote meeting with a customer to accelerate the resolution depending on the time and situation especially direction by manager.
- Assess and understand the impact, severity and urgency of issues.
- Provide consultation to a customer for them to extract maximum value from the products by answering product-specific questions, preventing issues, looking to enhance the customer experience.
- In some cases, work alongside a customer's technical teams reviewing open issues daily and updating them on the status of their escalated cases and assist in the reproduction of issues.
- Participate in critical escalation calls with the customer, describe technical details in a clear and concise manner appropriate to the level of technical capability of the audience.
- Provide technical solutions to customers for specific individual or grouped products with a high focus on quality and expedient resolution.
- Achieve outstanding results across a range of key performance indicators, including, but not limited to customer Net Promoter Score, resolution time and adherence to service level goals.
- Collaborate and communicate with all other internal relationship management groups to improve the customer experience.
- Maintain a current level of knowledge on McAfee products and new vulnerabilities and/or threats.
- Aim to identify known/unknown unresolved product defects and engage Engineering with speed and precision.
- Identify and share opportunities for formal training, professional services consultations and product upsells.
- Set and manage expectations with customers, including regular and timely communications.
- Assist customers with the implementation of workarounds/solutions.
- Identify data requirements and assist with data collection.
- You will report problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training.
- Participate in after-hours coverage for customer escalations on a scheduled basis.
- Mentor and train other support engineers.
- Author KB articles and SNS communications.
- Participate in McAfee Support Communities channel.
- Create micro-focused training sessions.
Experience/Skill Set Required
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience in a customer-supporting information technology environment.
- Customer focused, with a proactive and responsive approach and able to understand and define customer needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complicated issues at multiple levels, adjusting in style and content to recognize the differing needs of customer audience.
- Strong, proven customer service skills and experience supporting customers in large/global scale environments.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize job requirements and meet deadlines with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate status updates to various audiences, including customers, sales, management and peers.
- Friendly and approachable personality with positive attitude.
- Can build a solid rapport and gain confidence with customers with strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Can provide exemplary levels of technical case documentation.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment without compromising on quality or professionalism.
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Demonstrate a thirst for learning and the ability to retain and build upon knowledge and experience.
Technical skills / Competencies, preferred:
- Ability to speak English, Spanish AND Portuguese.
- Appropriate technical skills for the products the TSE is supporting.
- Appropriate experience in one or more of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Endpoint, Data Loss Prevention, SIEM, Web Gateway, or other similar competitor products.
- Basic knowledge of computing, OS (Windows/Linux), Network, Database and Cloud Technology.
- A general understanding of network infrastructure to include DMZ, Routers, Networks, Switches, and Firewalls. Windows/Linuz dump analysis is desired. Familiarity with SQL is desired.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.