Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Client TechnologiesPrimary Location Czechia, Prague Additional Location(s) Remote Czechia Date posted 11/08/2021
Role Overview:Role Overview:
McAfee is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to work on windows anti-malware software solution. In this position, you will work with experienced developers and security researchers to understand, validate, design automation and deliver the engineering solutions to address the problems in today’s security landscape.
About the Role:
- Works with the product development teams throughout the product life cycle to ensure software quality requirements and goals are established and met.
- Responsible to ensuring the product is secure, stable, and reliable.
- Responsible for automating functional and non-functional tests to deliver high quality product.
- Perform code reviews and white box testing to uncover defects early in the product life cycle.
- Full participation in the assigned Agile team (e.g., standups, planning, peer reviews, etc.)
- Proactively identify and communicate roadblocks and evaluate and suggest alternatives.
- Collaborate within and outside assigned Agile team.
- Continuously seek opportunities to learn new technologies and tools.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer science with 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Must have work experience with programming language like Python and knowledge of an object-oriented programming language like C++
- Must understand software design principles, patterns, data structures and multi-threading concepts.
- Must have working knowledge of windows OS internals and Drivers.
- Must have working knowledge to perform through functional, regression and non-functional testing like performance, soak.
- Must have working knowledge of test and defect management tools like QAC / Bugzilla
- Experience in using performance tools like xperf would be added advantage.
- Experience in SDK white box testing would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Data center and VM management will be added advantage.
- Must be good at problem-solving and resolving technical issues and assess the quality of the software quality.
- Must have excellent communication skills
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.