Accessibility SpecialistPrimary Location Remote Canada Date posted 08/29/2021
Job Title:Accessibility Specialist
Role Overview:McAfee is hiring an Accessibility Specialist Co-op for fall 2021. This is a remote Canada role. You will be working on live projects with the Consumer Products team.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role
At McAfee, we're changing the way we deliver products to our consumers and partners by putting the customer at the forefront of everything we do. As an Accessibility Specialist Coop, you will advance how McAfee ideates, builds, improves and measures the accessibility of its consumer products. This is a fall co-op position, open to remote Canada.
- Maintain internal guidelines for accessibility design, development, and testing processes, methodology, and tools.
- Act as liaison between individual contributors across McAfee and the accessibility research supplier.
- Translate accessibility research findings to technical and non-technical audiences including product management, design and development.
- Coordinate accessibility training program participation and delivery to ensure learning objectives are met.
- Collect and report on accessibility quality metrics
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in Human-Computer Interaction, Inclusive Design or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge of assistive technologies, testing techniques & tools.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without restrictions (no visa) now or in the future.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.