Content Designer (UX)Primary Location Remote Canada Additional Location(s) Canada, Waterloo; Canada, Toronto; Remote United States; Canada, Waterloo Date posted 01/06/2021
Job Title:Content Designer (UX)
Role Overview:Do you want to protect humanity from cyber threats with beautiful, intuitive, and engaging experiences? At McAfee, we’re changing the way we deliver products to our customers, employees, and partners by putting customer experience (CX) at the forefront of everything we do. As a Content Designer on McAfee’s consumer CXD team, you will need to be the voice that guides our users through that most important of goals - protecting themselves and their families. Your writing matters.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role
- Perform stakeholder interviews to identify and understand user needs and business objectives
- Engage early with Product Designers, Product Owners to co-create a story and vision of an easy to use, intuitive, engaging and relevant experience
- Write and provide editorial support across a product flow and across all parts of the customer journey
- Collaborate with user researchers to identify the key points of frustration or confusion for users and propose solutions; suggest content options for testing
- Be able to debate the interplay between interaction, words and visuals, making it easy for the user to achieve a goal
- Be a team player. As part of the Content Design team, learn from each other, review each other’s work, and create a consistent and powerful McAfee voice
- Passionate about great storytelling in words, pictures, and what lies in the white space between
- When you look at interfaces, you automatically start identifying strengths, weaknesses, gaps, inconsistencies and opportunities
- Advocate for the user by designing and utilizing content tests and analytics data
- You can maintain content styles and standards while adapting your writing to different audiences and personas
- A collaborative mindset, open to both giving and getting feedback
- Excellent organization skills and ability to juggle the demands of collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group while meeting deadlines. Able to prioritize.
- Some flexibility to work hours that accommodate team members in other time zones
- A portfolio of your design, preferably including Mobile UI and/or web content. If you don’t have one, walk us through some work you’ve done and tell us why you did what you did.
- Proactively engage with or support collaboration researchers
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.