Product Design Co-op / Internship StudentPrimary Location Remote Canada Date posted 09/13/2021
Job Title:Product Design Co-op / Internship Student
Role Overview:As a McAfee UX Designer Intern, you will work with a UX Lead to gain experience with storyboard, generating creative designs on Sketch and working with different team members in the Consumer Cloud User Experience team including Product Managers, UX Managers to UX Design Architects.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- You will work with product managers on the road map
- You will understand our goals, strategy and requirements
- You will sit in on meetings with customers to understand their needs, workflows and pain points
- You will create conceptual designs and storyboards that illustrate a vision for the product, and show how a customer will accomplish their goals
- You will participate in white boarding sessions, work with other members of the UX team, help identify opportunities for understanding and synergy across projects
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree and graduating December 2020 or May 2021
- Taken/taking classes related to design, user experience, computer interaction or user interface design
- Can present design projects to the hiring team
- Experience with Photoshop or Adobe products; basic experience with Sketch is nice to have
- Creative and is willing to share creative ideas with the team
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.