UX Research Co-opPrimary Location Remote Canada Additional Location(s) Canada, Waterloo Date posted 08/29/2021
Job Title:UX Research Co-op
Role Overview:McAfee is hiring a User Experience (UX) Research Intern for fall 2021. This is a remote Canada role. You will work on live projects with the Consumer Products team. You will work with the team on UX research on product designs, learn about our design practices and make recommendations on how we can improve.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
At McAfee, we're changing the way we provide products to our consumers and partners by putting the customer at the forefront of everything we do. As a User Experience (UX) Research Co-op, you will strategically promote how McAfee ideates, improves and measures its consumer products. Specifically, you will bring the power of empathy and data together to create extraordinary experiences that literally protect the world. This is a fall co-op position, open to remote Canada.
About the Role
- Design and conduct user studies to gauge the perception and usability of our product features.
- Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Communicate with team members throughout the process.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program
- Graduating between December 2021 to May 2022
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Learn new tools to do user research
- Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without restrictions (no visa) now or in the future.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.