Semi Senior Software Developer in TestPrimary Location Cordoba, Cordoba Date posted 02/04/2020
Job Title:Semi Senior Software Developer in Test
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about software testing and test automation (SDET) to meet business requirements. Activities also include documenting decisions, adhering to standards and communicating with business groups.
Other responsibilities may include providing standards/guidelines for testing, responding to customer/client requests or events as they occur, and developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Work as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) within your agile team to interpret high-level requirements and technical designs and develop automated tests to cover new functionality.
- Designing and Writing new automated tests to validate our new product using Ruby, Python, Java, etc
- Implementing a Continuous Integration system (TeamCity) to continuously validate our product prior to a release
- We have already invested well in Continuous Integration however we are always looking to develop more advanced features to allow us to deliver new versions of our software product on a monthly basis
- Working with a modern toolset (Github, JIRA, Confluence, TeamCity) to deliver quality software in a modern way
- Developing quality plans to ensure our product is adequately tested
- Performing manual validation of the product as required
- Troubleshoot engineering issues that may arise on our product and apply fixes where appropriate
- Participate in code reviews of other team members (this is a great opportunity to learn from very experienced software engineers)
- Have good collaboration, communication skills and flexibility to work with a global team across different time-zones.
- You have more than 3 years of Experience on Software Testing
- You have worked with tools like Teamcity, Bamboo, Jenkins, Cucumber, and with Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket.
- You should be comfortable working with Linux platforms.
- You have 3 or more years of working experience with project management tools like Jira, Taiga, Trello.
- You are able to fluently and effectively communicate with people (both in Spanish and English).
- You have experience working on an agile environment and experience in delivering results in small increments is desired.
- You have experience on back end testing (preferred)
- You are passionate to work in a high performing team that releases software and solutions
- You are passionate to continuously learn and grow your skills and learn from a very experienced software development team.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.