Business Development InternshipPrimary Location Cork, Date posted 10/17/2019
Job Title:Business Development Internship
The inside sales organization at McAfee is the fastest growing part of our sales force and is acknowledged as the proving ground for the top sales talent in the company, having promoted over 40% of the team last year with the average rep exceeding their sales quota! Our team is in a high growth mode and seeking results driven, self-starters with a consultative sales nature and strong self-belief. We are looking for people who truly want to enable the growth of their sales career in one of the hottest market sectors – security software. McAfee is the world’s most successful pure-play security company.
We have the following opportunity for a creative, innovative and results-oriented person willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced environment.
The BDR Intern role will be an integral part of our Business development team. They will partner with sales and marketing to drive phone-based lead generation, appointment setting, lead qualification and sales support to the Commercial Inside Sales team. This position requires heavy outbound prospecting, phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with the Inside Sales Reps to engage with new clients and maintain the existing customer base.
The BDR interns will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all McAfee product features/functions.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
- Lead management and prospecting activities
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including calling guides, discovery calls aligned to solution selling
- Qualify interested candidates and arrange sales appointments
- Track and record all relevant activity & customer information in a CRM (Customer Relationship management) system – specifically SalesForce.com
- Learn the technical aspects of McAfee products, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections, competitive questions and other FAQ's
- Collaborate successfully with Inside Sales, Marketing, and Sales Engineering to optimize team selling productivity
What will an intern learn at McAfee :
- Deep understanding of engaging with customers to explore their business problems and where technology can play a role in solving them
- Experience working cross-functionally with colleagues in different departments
- Understand the various stages that a business goes through when making investment decisions on technology and specifcally software
- Licencing models for software and how companies charge their customers for using theiur products.
- Presentation skills
- Creative tactics to reach the executive management of enterprise IT
- An ability to conduct extensive cold calls, email campaigns, and navigate org charts
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Skills in data analysis & sales tools use
- Ability to work independently & proactively in a dynamic and high-growth environment
- We are looking for undergraduates with an interest in business and technology and individuals who have an enquiring mind.
- Ideally you will have ambition to build a career in a customer facing role where you will manage accounts and grow a business by understanding and responding to customers needs and helping them to solve key stratgic problems in their business
- If you are studying a Degree program with a 6 month or 9 month internships then these positions are for you.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern