Cloud Data Engineer- RemotePrimary Location Ireland Date posted 15-Jul-2022
Role Overview:AWS Data Lake Software Engineer with 5+ years experience in data-storage software development with hands-on designing, creating technical specification, and maintaining data lakes, data warehouses, or other big-data storage. Invent, design, build and deliver solutions that promote standards and efficiency across the ecosystem. They build the infrastructure that allows other software engineers to quickly deploy and scale their software. They plan, design and develop, and modify software applications for enhancements and new products that are specifically focused on cloud service development. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing of applications. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
This is a remote position in Ireland. We will only consider candidates currently in Ireland and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- Maintain scaled Data Lake in AWS.
- Contribute to design decisions.
- Develop software solutions to address business issues.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the team.
- Research latest technologies and proposes changes to the existing architecture by recommending technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Work with peer organizations, quality assurance, and end-users to produce software solutions.
- Interpret requirements to share the needs to be addressed.
- Troubleshoot code-level problems and have the ability to fix technical issues as they arise.
- Analyze the impact that certain technical choices may have on a client's business processes.
- Lead a diverse group of project partners and members towards the delivery of a project
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related fields.
- 5+ years experience in software development required with hands-on experience in coding using Python/Java/C++/Nodejs. Other languages such as Go, Rust, and Scala are of interest but are not required.
- Some experience preferred in architecting the solutions, creating technical design documents by detailing the implementation approaches, and consulting experience in large-scale enterprise applications
- Experience engineering and architecting the high-level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms
- Help define coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Perform pathfinding and surveys technologies.
- Experience with Application, Infrastructure, and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, and availability of a system
- Defining and developing distributed and scalable products, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud)
- Collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation, and leading practices
- Conceptual thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.