Cloud DevOps EngineerPrimary Location Cork, Date posted 01/17/2020
Job Title:Cloud DevOps Engineer
With a global research footprint, McAfee provides the most comprehensive Global Threat Intelligence in the industry. Backed by a portfolio of more than 400 patents and a network of millions of sensors spanning the Internet, McAfee delivers unparalleled protection against both known and emerging security threats via a complete suite of products and solutions.
The Core Cloud Services Engineering Operations team are responsible for design, implementation and end to end operations of the Cloud Services that protect both McAfee’s Consumer and Enterprise Customers. The services provide continuous protection to our customers with a very strong focus on quality and an extendable services platform to internal partners & product teams.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
• Part of a global team that is responsible for McAfee Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
• Frontline of McAfee’s development and production systems, dealing with CI/CD, network configuration and managing high-volume data requirements
• Improving service quality through engineering, networking and DevOps best practices
• Responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of McAfee Production environments
• Responsible for continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments
If you are passionate about running and continuously improving world class Cloud Platform Services, we are offering you a unique and great opportunity to build your career with us and gain experience working with high-performance Cloud systems.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role
- Work closely with global Engineering Teams, Security and Operations colleagues to ensure best practices are followed while designing new solutions and services.
- Design, implement, document and constantly improve tools, monitoring and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle
- Work alongside the engineering team to provide production support to for the Cloud service footprint
- Help deploy new product releases and updates, and work with monitoring tools to ensure system availability
- Automation of build and deployment pipelines
- Automate, deploy and maintain cloud-based AWS, GCP and on-prem production systems
- Evaluate new technology and process alternatives for greater efficiency and reliability
- Focus on cost optimization efforts across McAfee cloud solutions
- Partners with the DevOps team peers to ensure major decisions align with existing standards and lessons learned from earlier deployment.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root causes for issues in complex environments.
- Follows McAfee security best practices and policies.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested (or required).
- Hands-on working experience in building & supporting large scale environments.
- Professional experience in administration for cloud-based production systems in either AWS, GCP or on-prem (private cloud) environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Lives on the command line.
- Proven ability to work independently, deploying, testing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience working with and supporting production-level services within public cloud environments
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Experience using modern Monitoring and Alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Alerta, Opsgenie etc.)
- Experience working with solutions in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experienced with global traffic management tools, e.g. Akamai, CloudFlare
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience creating automation using AWS Tools in Lambda, CloudFormation/Terraform or similar and building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Containerization and associated management tools (Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) – incident management, problem management, release management & Agile practices.
- Atleast one or more AWS Certifications and/or GCP Certifications
- Experienced with AWS Security (IAM, AWS Security Hub, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
- Familiarity with the tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.) and processes used to support a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment.
- Experience as a Software Defined Network Engineer
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes preferred.
- Strategic planning skills.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.