Cloud Solutions Engineer / Architect (M/F/D)Primary Location Paderborn, Date posted 12/18/2019
Job Title:Cloud Solutions Engineer / Architect (M/F/D)
For our Cloud Operations team in Europe with locations in Paderborn, Germany or Cork, Ireland, we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer / Cloud Engineer or Cloud Architect to strengthen our team.
Key responsibilities are design, development, deployment and operation of, services and solutions in the (private & public) cloud, including network design, security design and operation.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
As a member of our team
- You will be responsible for platform development and the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of the McAfee Cloud Platform including continuous measurement and high availability of the production environments
- You will be responsible for the security of the platform, document and enforce necessary security controls to be compliant to the various security standards (like ISO 270xx and SOC) and also support security audits
- You will collaborate with other team members around the world to provide best possible customer experience for our cloud products
- You will work closely with Engineering teams across the world
- You will work with the Engineering and Operations teams to review and approve systems design and architecture
- You will create systems architecture diagrams and documentation
You’ll fit into our team very well, if you
- Like and have the ability to work independently; deploying, testing and troubleshooting systems
- Are happy to coordinate and facilitate work across a team
- You are energised by addressing technical challenges
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or similar technical discipline / qualification.
- You have an idea on what cybersecurity means and what it means to make a system secure
- You have a solid understanding of the principles of the internet
Experience in some of the following areas is welcome:
- Experience with Private Cloud and/or Public Cloud
- Experience regarding virtualization, container (Docker) technologies
- Know how about IP networks / network protocols
- Big data processing pipeline knowledge (Kafka, Logstash, Elasticsearch…)
- Experience with databases (nosql and / or sql)
- Automation, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (TeamCity, Jenkins, Ansible,…) experience
- Experience with server hardware and server management tools with server hardware and server management tools
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.