Database Security ArchitectPrimary Location Ireland, Cork Date posted 04/22/2021
Job Title:Database Security Architect
Role Overview:As a Software Architect, you will be an integral part of the Data Protection Group in EMEA, developing cross-platform server side applications in the Database Activitiy Monitoring domain and will be reporting into Sr. Director, Engineering. To be successful in this role you should have exceptional Technical leadership , Communication and Project Managememt skills with multiple years of designing, architecting and implementing Enterprise class products along with developing the skills and talents of others. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle - requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuous engineering. You will also be responsible for architectural decisions, deployment and supporting customers using the products in production. Ideal candidate will foster a culture of innovation while displaying exemplary technical expertise, ownership, and commitment to delivering high quality software solutions, while staying abreast of Industry trends, competitive positioning of the product in the market and ideating for leapfrogging ahead in the market. For you to be successful in his role, you need a deep technical knowledge of security vulnerabilities/malware research especially in Relational databases, OS internals(Windows/Linux), Cyber security experience from Network protect/detection perspectives etc.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with product managers, key stakeholders, and business groups to categorize and describe solutions for business and technical requirements.
- Stay on track with latest technologies for the domain, and apply the experience and knowledge on architecture and to improve the product features.
- Develop and own architectural roadmap and ensure the product aligns with the business, clients and stakeholders strategies and requirement.
- Explain the status & value of proposed design/Solution to stakeholders.
- Analyze and articulate current technological solutions and propose valued alternatives wherever required.
- Translate business needs into software architectural requirements that leverage our technologies in the most efficient manner possible.
- Gather technical requirements and specifications from customers and business stakeholders.
- Develop the technical specifications according to which solutions are defined and delivered.
- Deliver solutions that meet the timeline, quality and costs for the projects and deliverable elements. Solutions must meet the preset goals for quality, security and performance.
- Direct and oversee the activities of development teams.
- Define the technical vision for Database Security product ranging from on premise to cloud services complying with all applicable product development processes.
- You have 15+Years of technical experience with 5+Years of experience as a Principal/Architect in product development.
- You have extensive professional experience working as a software architect designing and architecting software solutions for large enterprises.
- You have experience analysing and reverse engineering malware, designing or working with relational database solutions for Enterprise with a focus on security, quality & performance.
- Hands on experience developing mid to large scale software commercial products using C/C++ with Kernel development
- You are hands on with multiple programming and scripting languages including C++, Java, Python, PHP, Node etc
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Linux with good understanding of the OS internals, Networking stack & communication protocols and System programming
- Experience in designing applications that will be migrated to cloud and understanding of the concept of elasticity and scalability.
- Any patents would be appreciated.
- Proven, excellent technical skills and knowledge of leading edge technologies, skills in communication, business acumen, coaching, and mentoring.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.