Financial Accountant (Contract- 18 months)Primary Location Cork, Date posted 01/21/2020
Job Title:Financial Accountant (Contract- 18 months)
As a member of the accounting team, and reporting into the Accounting Manager, this position plays a critical role in the EMEA accounting organisation with full responsibility for the preparation of local accounts and supporting local statutory audits for assigned entities.
If you at lease one year of post-qualification accounting experience, trained with a Big 4 audit firm, and have experience in working with multinational organisations, then this could well be the role for you!.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Responsible for the preparation of local accounts and supporting local statutory audits for assigned entities.
- Creating/reviewing Stat to GAAP walks.
- Liasing with 3rd party accounting providers.
- Responsible for the audit process of your assigned entity with the audit teams.
- Working with interdepartmental colleagues: - Revenue, Tax, Legal, Payroll and Corporate Accounting for example, to collect the necessary data to complete the audits by the required deadlines.
- Preparation of payroll journals and liaison with corporate accounting and the SSC at month, quarter and year-end for assigned EMEA entities.
- Monthly/Quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assistance to SSC for Fixed Assets, AP, AR, Purchasing queries/ad hoc tasks.
- Responsible for VAT & other government filing submissions.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as they arise.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form good working relationships at various and multiple levels throughout an organisation
- You thrive in a faster-paced, high-growth environment
- You are self-motivated and driven to achieve tight deadlines and can prioritize well
- You are a problem-solver, solutions-focussed and you work on your own initiative
- You are a Big 4 qualified accountant with at least 1 year post-qualification experience in either an audit firm working on multinational assignments, or within the accounting team of a large US multinational
- You have a passion for the technical nuances of accounting and keep yourself up-to-date in new developments in Accounting Standards
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.