International Accounting ManagerPrimary Location Cork, Additional Locations Date posted 12/12/2018
International Accounting Manager
Reporting to the International Finance Director in this role, the International Accounting Manager works closely with colleagues in international tax, treasury, finance, accounting and other departments to ensure McAfee’s subsidiaries remain compliant with foreign financial reporting requirements. Our ideal candidate has a strong foundation of accounting and auditing standards, multi-currency and an intermediate accounting systems background.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the role:
- Lead and mentor a team of accounting professionals in multiple regions.
- Maintain statutory compliance for a large number of McAfee’s global subsidiaries.
- Work cross-functionally with many internal teams supporting external statutory audits and being the primary liaison with the local auditors.
- Reconciling US GAAP based results to Local GAAP based results
- Liaising on a monthly basis with external advisors and other internal groups on local GAAP differences and local compliance (document retention, local Tax compliance, etc.)
- Collaborate cross functionally with internal teams in developing optimum and efficient processes.
- Assist in establishing and documenting new business processes and ensure these processes are communicated across the various business groups.
- Lead the continued evolution and optimisation of the International Finance organisation.
- Other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or EU equivalent required
- The candidate must have at least 8+ years of experience.
- Previous managerial experience leading teams in multiple locations.
- Ability to use accounting knowledge and previous experience to add value and assist in meeting McAfee’s objectives while working in a dynamic and team oriented organisation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, capable of clearly articulating complex processes to audiences with differing levels of understanding.
- A proven track record of collaborating and delivering results working as part of a cross functional team both in the local office and with the global organisation.
- Experience with SAP or a similar ERP system.
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data.
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee. Perks include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Support for Community Involvement and Programs
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
Shift 1 (Ireland)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.