Java Engineer- Database SecurityPrimary Location Cork, Date posted 05/18/2020
Job Title:Java Engineer- Database Security
The McAfee Database Security Engineering team in Cork, Ireland develops real-time protection for business-critical databases to ensure they are protected from all threats. We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Software Engineering team. In the role of Senior Java Developer you will report directly to the Manager of Software Engineering. You will be an important contributor to that team and help bring McAfee’s market-leading Database Security product to a worldwide market. McAfee is committed to Scrum and Test-Centred Development (TDD) and therefore, you are passionate about software engineering best practices and motivated to embrace creative engineering tools and techniques.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- The primary job responsibility of the team is design and development of enterprise-level applications and system-services on Windows and Linux.
- The team requires both client and server development skills, therefore we are looking for a mixed set of skills to create a balanced team.
- Interpret high-level requirements and business proposals and translate these to forward-looking architecture and design specifications.
- Perform design and code reviews within the team
- Mentor junior engineers and uphold engineering best-practice.
- Manage the code-base through the full development life-cycle.
- Debug complex issues and apply fixes
- Apply the necessary rigours to build solid and secure code.
- Investigate and manage complex Live Incidents.
- Understanding of software release processes is required
- Write well-formatted, commented and readily-understood code.
- You are able to work with other engineers and testers, sometimes across multiple time-zones.
- At times, you will be required to work independently
- You must also demonstrate flexibility to work across a range of technologies
- You have over 3 year's experience in Scrum and Test-Centred development with an important focus on the design and development of enterprise-level applications and system-services on Windows and Linux.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.