Localization QA Engineer - RemotePrimary Location Ireland Additional Location(s) Ireland, Cork Date posted 09-Aug-2022
Role Overview:As the Localization QA Test Engineer you will test McAfee products on mobile, desktop, and website platforms as well as, analyze marketing content to validate grammar, syntax, spelling, and market Suitability on a variety of different McAfee platforms to ensure compliance with localized terminologies and maximum customer engagement.
In addition, you will also review and perform extensive language tests to ensure text and UI respect the cultural aspects of a product and the contents of the local edition remain in context and are consistent throughout.
You are responsible for testing, identifying, recording, and suggesting fixes to potential bugs or where better Translations/Transcreations could be applied.
This is a remote position in Ireland. We will only consider candidates currently in Ireland and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role
- Reporting to the Project Manager you will be responsible for Product & Language Quality and Suitability in your mother tongue with responsibilities including the following:
- Verify the correct functionality, within the localized version of products.
- Verify linguistic accuracy of product text and check for typographical, grammatical, and punctuation errors
- Verify the cosmetic integrity of the in-product text and ensure that all text is correctly displayed.
- Verify the contextual consistency of Localized Content.
- Assess cultural appropriateness and check politically sensitive content.
- Verify the correct implementation of the localized text.
- Ensure that the correct approved terminology is used throughout.
- Run test cases and checklists and verify testing results across all languages in test.
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in a bug database.
- Follow the documented processes at all stages of the testing process.
- Verify that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly.
- Proofread and correct translations.
- Ensure that quality, accuracy, and consistency are maintained throughout the testing process.
- Occasionally provide in-house translations.
- Provide daily status reports about the status of the project testing.
- Support lead by taking ownership of side tasks, such as daily reports, bug vetting, and coaching of new team members.
- Proficiency in at least one additional language plus English is a must; Preferably from EMEA or APAC regions.
- Excellent spelling and grammar in an additional language plus English.
- Bachelor's or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience in a related field is preferable.
- Experience in Software Localization as a QA Tester is a strong advantage.
- The ability to write accurate, unambiguous, and concise documentation in your native language.
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraints.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Must be motivated and able to remain focused until project completion.
- Flexibility towards responsibilities and working hours is a strong plus
- Experience and ability to work successfully in a remote environment
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be a team worker and have the ability to form good relationships with Global team including Country Marketing Experts
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.