Revenue AccountantPrimary Location Cork, Date posted 11/14/2019
Job Title:Revenue Accountant
The Enterprise Revenue Accountant position plays a visible role in revenue, while doing so in an international environment and with a highly-recognized household, name-brand company.
The primary focus for this position will be to demonstrate ownership of various areas of our enterprise business, which has gross revenues greater than $1 billion. This role works cross functionally with various departments, and will evolve over time with growth and critical acquisitions. We are seeking an innovative problem-solver with a strong mind for efficiency, technology, automation and controls. Working for a fastmoving, private-equity owned company, the successful candidate should be prepared to grow, learn,
evolve quickly, and to conquer new challenges daily. This role is based in Cork,Ireland .
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Serving as key team member of the global revenue team and reporting to Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Working with multiple teams across the organization (marketing, legal, sales, sales finance, FP&A, Deal Desk, support, accounts payable, close and reporting) to assist with deal review and month end close responsibilities
- Reviewing contracts and individual sales transactions for proper revenue recognition based on guidance under ASC 606 Software Revenue Recognition, and company's revenue recognition policies
- Preparing journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Communicating in a professional, precise and clear manner (both written and verbal) Working with both internal and external auditors related to the financial statement audit and control reviews
- Manipulating large quantities of data within excel
- Completing special projects, as needed
- Identifying areas of improvement in policies, procedures, and operating methods Assisting in the implementation of solutions that address specific issues or provide improved efficiencies and accuracy
- Willing and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment with a willingness to do what it takes to complete a task and take complete ownership of areas of responsibility
- Completion of month and quarter end tasks to tightdeadlines
- Any adhoc tasks as assigned by the Revenue Accounting Manager
- Significant and meaningful experience with cross-functional teams and complex software revenue recognition accounting and reporting an advantage
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills required
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical accounting and strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to work autonomously with little oversight
- Excellent Excel experience; must be able to manipulate large amounts of data
- ERP experience preference towards SAP.
- Ability to prioritize task and meet strict reporting deadlines
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.