Cloud Development Engineer- RemotePrimary Location Ireland, Cork Additional Location(s) Remote Ireland Date posted 05/19/2021
Job Title:Senior Cloud Development Engineer
Role Overview:Reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering you will work with McAfee Content Ops, Response & Research (CORE) as part of the back-end web security team. Engineers on this team use a wide, and growing, range of technologies and languages, and are proud of the standards to which they hold themselves. In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you would help them develop and maintain their next-generation back-end system which protects McAfee customers from existing and emerging web threats. This is the ideal opportunity for someone eager to prove themselves with their ideas and their code, in a team that encourages honest participation and values creative solutions.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You'll be surrounded by a team of passionate engineers with whom you will dream up and implement the next big solution.
- You'll work with a variety of languages and technologies, including Python, Java, AWS, Linux, and more.
- You will take ownership of your solutions, from requirements to deployment, coordinating with your colleagues to complete the phases in an iterative manner.
- You will work with multiple team members both within and outside the company to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
- You will follow a collaborative process with architects and peers to find innovative solutions to group specific business problems.
- You will have the opportunity to prove your ideas with proofs-of-concept and follow on with creating production-quality solutions.
- You will develop your skills following your interests, taking on increased responsibilities as you develop.
- You have at least five years' real-world experience and your work has earned the respect of your colleagues.
- You have a love of good code, and an instinct for clean design.
- You have expertise in software design principles and at least one of the languages we use (Java, Python, C).
- You are the go-to person for cloud provider native services (EMR, EC2) and containerized deployments to cloud platforms using CI/CD.
- You'll be comfortable with both SQL and no-SQL databases and data processing technologies such as Spark.
- You are ease implementing solutions for both on-prem and the cloud, and you understand the operational considerations for both.
- You and solve complex system engineering problems.
- You're comfortable working in a Linux environment, both on and off the cloud.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.