Senior Software Cloud Architect, AWS Data Lake - RemotePrimary Location Ireland Date posted 02-Aug-2022
Role Overview:We are seeking an AWS Data Lake Software Engineer / Architect with 10+ years of experience in data-storage software development with hands-on designing, creating technical specifications, and maintaining data lakes, data warehouses, or other big-data storage. You will make high-level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms. Determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements. Perform pathfinding and survey technologies. Work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry and between developers and project managers to evaluate the feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
This is a remote position in Ireland. We will only consider candidates currently in Ireland and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- Oversee end-to-end Architecture, including design and maintenance of a scaled Data Lake in AWS for use in Machine Learning and related data analytics. Required availability is 99.9%+
- Implement the solution (this is a full-time hands-on software engineering role).
- Accomplish software solutions to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the team
- Research new technologies and proposes changes to the existing architecture by recommending technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Work with peer organizations, quality assurance and end-users to produce software solutions
- Interpret our requirements to share the needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot code level problems and can fix technical issues as they arise
- Analyze the impact that certain technical choices may have on a client's business processes.
- Lead a diverse group of project partners and members towards the successful delivery of a project.
- This is a remote role in Ireland.
- Preferable a Bachelor's degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in software development required with experience in coding using Python/Java/C++/Nodejs. Other languages such as Go, Rust, and Scala are of interest, but are not required.
- 8+ years of experience architecting the solutions, creating technical design documents by detailing the implementation approaches, and consulting experience in large-scale enterprise applications.
- Experience Architecting, Implementing, and Delivering commercial software with minimum 99.9% availability, at low cost.
- Experience engineering, architecting, and implementing the high-level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- Determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Perform pathfinding and survey technologies.
- Experience with Application, Infrastructure, and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability and reliability of a system
- Expert in defining and developing distributed and scalable products, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation, and leading practices
- Conceptual thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.