Senior Software Engineer - C++Primary Location Ireland, Cork Date posted 04/19/2021
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer - C++
Role Overview:With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role
- Works with McAfee’s Enterprise products, with a focus on solutions that protect endpoints.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues with some of McAfee’s most critical customers.
- Addressing customer problems, either by directly fixing the issues in shipping products, finding workarounds to get them better, faster, or developing more holistic solutions.
- Collaborating with multiple cross functional teams, including other engineering teams, technical support, professional services, information development, and product management.
- Development and delivery of internal and customer-facing tools, focusing on upgrade and migration, product removal, endpoint health validation, issue remediation, and debug artifact collection.
- Driving quality initiatives, based on experiences with key customers.
- Communicates with customers, both electronically and verbally, as needed to help drive solutions for them.
About you :
- 5+ years of software development experience with a focus on C++, scripting, Windows API, and IP and Windows networking
- Strong debugging experience and program solving skills
- Have expertise in development processes such as unit testing, static analysis, and secure coding
- Must be highly motivated to drive quality, not only in your own work, but influencing the same with the people and teams you work with
- A plus: experience with GitHub and continuous integration
- A plus: experience with Windows installers, especially InstallShield
- A plus: knowledge of Windows administration and IT workflows
- A plus: experience with Windows internals and kernel programming
- Experience working in Agile and with Agile teams
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.