Senior Software Engineer - C++Primary Location Ireland, Cork Additional Location(s) Remote Ireland Date posted 05/13/2021
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer - C++
Role Overview:Role Overview:
The McAfee Database Security Engineering team in Cork, Ireland develops real-time protection for business-critical databases to ensure they are protected from all threats. We are looking for a Senior C++ Developer to join our Software Engineering team.
In the role of Senior C++ Developer you will report directly to the Manager of Software Engineering. You will be an important contributor to that team and help bring McAfee’s market-leading Database Security product to a worldwide market.
McAfee is committed to Scrum and Test-Driven Development (TDD) and therefore, the successful candidate should be passionate about software engineering best practices and driven to embrace leading-edge engineering tools and techniques.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
The primary job responsibility of the team is design and development of enterprise-level applications and system-services on Windows and Unix-like environments.
• Interpret high-level requirements and business proposals and translate these to forward-looking architecture and design specifications.
• Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams, including other engineering teams, technical support, professional services, information development, and product management.
• Communicates with customers, both electronically and verbally, as needed to help drive solutions for them.
• Driving quality initiatives, based on experiences with key customers.
• Perform design and code reviews within the team, mentor and coach junior engineers and uphold engineering best-practice.
• Manage the code-base through the full development life-cycle.
• Debug complex issues and apply fixes under time-pressured situations.
• Apply the necessary rigours to build solid and secure code.
• Investigate and manage complex Live Incidents.
• Understanding of software release processes is required
• Write well-formatted, commented, and readily understood code.
• 8+ years’ experience of C++ programming in a Unix-like and Windows environments
• Solid understanding of data storage technologies, both traditional SQL and No-SQL databases.
• Experienced in reverse engineering - an advantage
• Experienced in kernel development – an advantage
• Experienced in C programming language – an advantage
• Quick learner - Able to efficiently ramp-up on new tools and technologies.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to coach and mentor team members
• Curious in nature and self-motivated to solve problems.
• Have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Have good coding and source management practices
• Have knowledge of Agile methodologies, particularly SCRUM.
• You are able to work with other engineers and testers, sometimes across multiple time-zones.
• You must demonstrate flexibility to work across a range of technologies
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.