Software Architect + Data LakePrimary Location Ireland, Cork Additional Location(s) Ireland Date posted 10-Jan-2022
Role Overview:Software Architect for delivering solution designs and architectures for key initiatives with strategic and technical responsibilities.
About the role:
- Understand Business Priorities,Requirements,and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions to create Data Platform, Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriatereusability,and reliability upon deployment
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the peers & engineering teams
- Collaborate with otherBusiness Units, Data Scientists,Architects,and stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions
- Participate in developing and documenting technical standards and best practices for the organization.
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and with different levels of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related fields
- 10+ years technical experience in software architecture, software development, data engineering, or data architecture
- Hands-on and in-depth experience of cloud systems from a Data Architecture/Data Engineer perspective
- Hands-on experience in Data Integration patterns and the design of AI/ML data solutions using notable services
- Experience working with big data architectures, ETL pipelines, data lakes, and other data stores. Knowledge of Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Hadoop, and ETL/data integration tools would be ideal.
- Must have experience architecting solutions in Cloud Platforms such as AWS/GCP/Azure.
- A foundation in Data Science and Machine Learning principles.
- Must have Programming skills: Go, and/or Python.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e., Jenkins, Azure Developer Services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Advanced Analytics including Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau (Preferred)
- This is a remote role in Ireland.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.