Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Cork, Cork Date posted 02/13/2020
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a talented and motivated Software Development Engineer to join the Global Security Data Services team at McAfee Cork.
The Global Security Data Services (GSDS) team is responsible for architecting, developing and testing cloud-based systems that provide threat intelligence via the cloud to all McAfee products. We are responsible for McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI), a set of highly scalable and distributed cloud-based threat reputation services, capable of serving billions of requests each day, which directly impact our customers protection.
We move fast and are obsessed with scalable, reliable, cost effective and technically elegant cloud services.
If you want to be part of a great team and you are passionate about writing high quality code and learning how to build scalable and resilient cloud services, we are offering you a unique opportunity to build your career with McAfee in Cork and gain experience working with systems that are utilized by hundreds of millions of endpoints on a daily basis.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will be part of an engineering team that has development, quality and cloud operations engineers who are responsible for cloud-based threat reputation services.
- The position will involve developing new services and sustaining and adding additional functionality to existing services.
- You will be expected to ramp up quickly and become a productive member of the assigned team – relevant training and support will be provided during the ramp-up period.
- We use SCRUM, and each day you will report your progress against the project's backlog and will actively participate in project meetings.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the creation of project backlogs and estimating project tasks, and for inputting to discussions around the overall system design.
- You will be encouraged to innovate and put forward ideas for service improvements and new technology evaluations.
- 3-5 years’ experience of programming in C++, Java, Go or another high-level language.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and working in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a common goal.
- Experience working with cloud-based services is highly desirable.
- Experience with networking protocols including IP, TCP, DNS, and application layer protocols like HTTPS is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to maintaining high software engineering standards.
- Commitment to continued learning and development.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Computing or equivalent.
- Experience of public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- An active interest in software engineering and keeping up with the latest trends in highly availability systems and scalable cloud architectures.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.