Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Cork, Cork Date posted 10/14/2020
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
As a senior software engineer, you will report to the Manager, Software Engineering. You will help develop next-generation Windows security solutions. Your input will be crucial to the success of our strategic mission to build industry-leading products that give the most, reliable security experience to our customers. You'll work with architects, management, quality engineers, product managers and other team members to develop new solutions to modern endpoint security problems. This is an opportunity to join and influence a new major program to build creative, integrated products that are based on next-generation technology and leading thinking in the security industry.
You will work as part of a local software development team and with engineering teams across the globe. Your input will be crucial to the success of our product development work. You will be a senior member of the software engineering team in Cork and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members to support their professional development.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Help decide and scope architectural and design requirements and contribute to solution architecture and design
- Build solutions to endpoint security challenges
- Inspire creativity in software engineering solutions
- Work with senior management and peers to develop practices which lead to the highest quality products
- Communicate competently with related teams in the areas of Machine Learning, Cloud Infrastructures and Big Data Management
- Help develop solutions to detect anomalous endpoint behavior and analyze appropriate actions
- Provide direct, honest, and constructive developmental feedback to achieve career growth
- Work with compliance/security to ensure that software development is done following best practices
- Expertise with C++ development on Windows platforms, Windows 10.
- Windows Internals and Win32 Programming; Native API experience an advantage
- Modern C++ Design and familiarity with concepts introduced in C++11,14,17
- Expertise in STL and Standard C++ library
- Experienced with both Object-Oriented Analysis and Design techniques and Templates & Generic Programming
- Experience with development tools such as Visual Studio 2019, Visual Studio Debugger, WinDbg
- Familiarity with Git, Jira, Confluence tool-stacks
- Coach less experienced team members
- Experience with industry security challenges desirable
Experience or Knowledge of Security Operations an advantage
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.