Web Security Researcher - RemotePrimary Location Ireland Date posted 04-Aug-2022
Role Overview:The Web Security Researcher position requires a candidate who is passionate about Cyber Security with excellent critical thinking, analytic, and communication skills, and must have experience working with Web-based security threats. The candidate will have the aptitude to identify malicious URLs and IOCs to classify them to protect McAfee's customer base, and to handle written interactions with customers in relation to these threats. During the course of one's daily activities, it may be necessary to view material that some may consider obscene, violent, or disturbing in nature. The candidate must be able to write simple SQL queries to fetch data, create simple scripts, work with Python and Python notebooks, evaluate large data sets, and be able to effectively present details and conclusions drawn from their research. They will be working remotely with a globally-dispersed team, participating in an On-Call rotation, and be self-motivated to work both individually and with others within McAfee and external 3rd parties.
This is a remote position in Ireland. We will only consider candidates currently in Ireland and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role
- Analyze security risks associated with websites to classify URLs using viewable content, non-viewable content, and associated metadata.
- Classify URLs according to the type of content
Research and analyze networks of websites and web data flows
- Identify patterns/anomalies in data sets
- Identify ways to improve classification quality and efficiency
- Communicate analysis summaries to peers, managers, and customers
- Respond to web security escalations
- Be available for a week by phone and email for an on-call shift once every 6-8 weeks
About you :
- 2+ years of experience working with data analysis or quality assurance
- Ability to construct SQL queries and interact with databases
- Fundamental understanding of web security protocols and technologies
- Ability to critically assess a wide variety of potentially conflicting information from several sources and form a defensible conclusion based on the data available
- Desire to perform scientific analysis
- Ability to perform accurate repeated data entry in relation to data analysis
- Ability to clearly, professionally, and diplomatically explain the rationale behind URL classification decisions in writing
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers
- Ability to work with a geographically-dispersed team
- Customer support experience
- QA background or experience
- Scripting, Python, web development, or similar technical expertise
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.