Women In Technology Scholarship CorkPrimary Location Cork, Date posted 08/28/2019
Job Title:Women In Technology Scholarship Cork
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
Cork Women in Technology Scholarship
Encouraging a new generation of high- achieving women to take up the challenge of a career in Technology - we are looking for female students considering a 3rd level Computer Science, Technology or Engineering course in 2019.
McAfee is pleased to continue the Women in Technology scholarship program into 2019 for their 4th year running. This scholarship is open to female students who are looking to embark on a third level education in a Computer Science, Technology or Engineering Degree course (full selection criteria are included below).
The McAfee Women in Technology Scholarship will award the winning student with:
- €3,000 per annum for the chosen student per year of the course
- Scholars will also be offered intern placements & summer internships at McAfee Cork
- To assist with career progression and further education, each scholar will also be assigned a McAfee mentor who can assist and provide advice on managing their academic career
Apply to careers.mcafee.com: Job Title: Women in Tech Scholarship Cork
(closing date is Friday, 18th October 2019 – interviews will be held for the shortlisted candidates
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP (Please note, qualifying criteria is listed below)
Please attach your CV with the answers to the following questions
- Secondary School
- What courses have you applied for - Please list your top three courses you have applied for along with the Institution name?
- CAO Course & CAO Institution?
- Awards/Honours that you may have received?
- Have you been involved in any STEAM activities? If so please give some details.
- What are your top three achievements?
- Describe in 300 words why you should receive this scholarship?
- Who do you admire the most and why?
- The program is open to female students who are completing secondary school in 2018 and entering approved undergraduate degrees
- Candidates must apply for, secure, and accept a CAO offer in a relevant degree course (listed here) in an Irish University or Institute of Technology. A list of relevant institutions and course is included in this table.
- Written proof of registration in a relevant 3rd level institute must be supplied
- Recipients must be willing to undertake their co-op placement or internship with McAfee Cork
- Students may be required to provide by post a copy of their Junior and Leaving Certificate results
- Selection will be by application form and interview of candidates
- Final decision will rest with McAfee Ireland
- Scholarships are open to female school leavers entering specified undergraduate honors degree courses in technology
- University College Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- Dublin City University
- University of Limerick
- Maynooth University
- NUI Galway
Institutes of Technology
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology Tallaght
- Institute of Technology Blanchardstown
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Griffith College
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology Sligo
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science / applications
- Applied Computing
- Internet of Things
- Software Development
- Computer networks
& systems management
- Mobile communications
- Computer Games development
- Digital Media Engineering
- Data Science and Analytics
- Digital Humanities and Information Technology
- Applied Mathematics
- Web Development
* The Applicable Discipline list represents a general overview of the applicable course areas. If you have a specific query on the applicability of a course, please email Deirdre O'Rourke firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (Ireland)