Regional Solution ArchitectPrimary Location Dallas, Texas Date posted 08/02/2019
Job Title:Regional Solution Architect
US, Texas, Dallas
As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the McAfee pre-sales organization is on an upward growth trajectory – helping to transform and mature the Software Security Market. The opportunity that is before us will need the best Security Professionals – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the right individuals to help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure our customer experience is outstanding.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
As a Commercial Sales Regional Solution Architect (RSA), you will work closely with the Commercial sales team as a long tenured subject matter expert with architect level knowledge across most McAfee solutions. You will be required to assist the sales teams in technical presentations, be the go-to person for technical knowledge, customer demos and to help qualify the customers’ requirements and build solutions that address customers’ needs. The RSA is a senior individual contributor in the pre-sales organization recognized as a trusted security expert for one or more security domains. The RSA is a trusted advisor to sales, pre-sales and top customers in region. The RSA will partner with pre-sales management, sales management, and top Commercial sales teams to help develop new prospective opportunities through solution advisory workshops, sharing industry insights, driving customer roadmaps, presentations, and providing thought leadership at key events. Your approach should be consultative, solution-focused and business-led, sharing credible personal experience and best practice from previous engagements.
- Should help regional sales leaders strategize on building programs for our large customers to drive multiple product adoption of our solutions.
- Act as a Trusted Security Advisor for one or more security domains, based on extensive experience.
- Should work with SE Managers in region to assist SEs in positioning solutions beyond the demo, PoC, and RFPs.
- Provide exemplary technical expertise on customer product and solution demonstrations.
- Leads the review to respond to large requests for solution sales proposals spanning multiple products and services.
- Will be involved in multiple product champions calls.
- Participate in sales conference calls via Webex, providing product information and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how McAfee's solutions can provide value to them.
- Contribute in the writing of solution proposals and ensure it meets or exceed the customer’s requirements and is fit for the intended purpose.
- Contribute to the technical or solution response to RFIs/RFPs.
- Retain a competent level of knowledge and technical hands on experience across McAfee products, solutions and sales proposition.
- Keep abreast of security trends and industry analysts reports and information.
- Be a team player, sharing best practices, providing feedback to product management, and supporting the go-to-market initiatives of the company.
- Support customer beta activities and early adopter programs.
- Provide technical escalation management within accounts.
- Update and maintain the technical SE activities within Salesforce system.
- Ability to lead, take ownership, and successfully execute activities on time and to the desired outcomes.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches.
- Ensure successful product evaluations.
- Remote planning, management and execution of customer product pilots.
- Graduate or industry certification in related disciplines in security information or Information technology, e.g. CISSP, VMware certifications, AWS certifications, etc.
- 5+ years customer facing Pre-Sales or Systems Engineering experience is preferred
- 2+ years operational experience working as a security practitioner, engineer, architect, or consultant is highly desirable.
- Have worked with large customers in the global 2000 or fortune 500
- Cloud computing knowledge is also desirable
- Can POC a majority of the McAfee portfolio and speak to the value of the integrated McAfee story.
- Technical Skills
- Able to articulate and present the core sales proposition
- Have a comprehensive grasp of the overall McAfee portfolio, solution sizing, keep abreast of the competitive landscape, and can articulate our differentiators over the competition
- Experience in working with McAfee integrated threat defense solutions in a pre-sales environment.
- Communication Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances.
- Effectively works with sales and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues.
- Can converse with CISOs, CTOs, Security Architects and Security decision makers.
- Solution Selling
- A strong and proven consultative background, with direct experience working for a Consulting or Systems Integration company.
- Work with other Enterprise Architects and Regional Solution Architects, to design, document and evangelize security reference architectures for one or more security domains.
- Problem Solving
- Takes responsibility of the problem statement, (customer, process, and solution), seeks the facts.
- Works interactively with the support, sales, services and channel counterparts to feedback to Specialist and Enterprise Technology Specialist, etc. and makes logical recommendations to resolve the issue raised.
- Provide customer feedback to Tech Directors and Product Management teams.
- Influence and leadership
- Develop and deliver innovative, solution-focused training classes for pre-sales and sales.
- Fosters inter-team communication and contributes to local team initiatives.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the accounts they are activity working on or aligned too.
- Keeps abreast of the local sales performance metrics.
- Translates team goals into own work assignment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
Primary Location:US, Texas, Dallas
- Software Sales Account Rep (Dallas, TX) Sales Dallas, Texas
- McAfee Security SIEM Consultant – US Remote Field Based Opportunity Sales Santa Clara, California, Houston, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, Florida, Massachusetts, , Los Angeles, California, Raleigh, North Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee, Dallas, Texas, Irvine, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Fairfax, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Stamford, Connecticut, Austin, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Columbia, South Carolina, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, San Jose, California, San Francisco, California, San Diego, California, New York, New York, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Nashua, New Hampshire, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chicago, Illinois, New Jersey