Senior Director, Infrastructure EnablementPrimary Location US, Texas, Dallas Additional Location(s) Remote United States; US, California, Santa Clara Date posted 11/18/2021
Job Title:Senior Director, Infrastructure Enablement
Role Overview:Reporting to the VP of Technology Shared Services, you will lead a team directly responsible for helping McAfee achieve its infrastructure transformation goals, both the migration to public infrastructure and remaining physical infrastructure. As a Senior Director of Infrastructure Enablement, you will be responsible for helping evolve McAfee’s cloud strategy and enable McAfee to securely and efficiently manage its business in the cloud. The Cloud Business Office, Cloud Engineering, Cloud Governance, and Private Data Center organizations are directly under your leadership. You will also be responsible for hosting and compute teams including data center operations as we migrate these workloads into the Cloud. Your work and contribution will be important in McAfee's near-term cloud migration activity through optimized and automated orchestration and management planes, and maturing Day 2 operational support. We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about cloud and eager to help lead the company to a new level of cloud capability.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Evolve cloud strategy and roadmap by working with BU, Product Engineering, Finance, and Technology Services leaders
- Refine and evolve cloud services and solutions delivered by Cloud Services team required to achieve business objectives
- Enterprise-wide responsibility for guiding;
- Financial operations across all public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure), both at an aggregate and normalized cost utilizing known discounting and architectural techniques (e.g., savings plans, AZ awareness vs. regional, etc.)
- Architectural best practice evaluation for workloads working with primary consumers
- Educational opportunities for the enterprise (e.g., arranging certification classes for consumers directly with cloud provider)
- Responsible for delivering architectures, designs, and implement cloud automation and orchestration solutions including IaC, CI/CD pipelines
- Secure landing zones configured with standard security zones, security groups, IAM, roles/permissions, service control policies and guardrails, and other security controls and monitoring
- Provide cloud account management, cloud cost reporting and utilization, cost optimization, and cloud cost chargeback support
- Provide cloud governance | guidance policies and ensure executional controls are defined, implemented and audited including tagging standards, license compliance, abandoned/low use account deletion, marketplace purchase controls, new account approval process, and regulatory policy and controls
- Chair executive cloud steering committees, cloud architecture review boards, and the cross-department cloud working group
- Lead cloud migration and transformation programs
- Develop, inspire and lead a highly productive and diverse team of cloud architects, engineers, cloud business operations specialists.
- Your background includes 15+ years of experience in IT Domain.
- 7+ years of experience with public cloud and private cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, and VMWare).
- Previous direct responsibility in setting cloud strategy and delivering cloud-based solutions with focus on core infrastructure and secure landing zones supporting large enterprises
- Previous direct responsibility in establishing and operating cloud business operations and governance
- Passionate about cloud and ability to champion cloud as a key strategy for the business
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $160,000.00