Sr. Account Manager - Air ForcePrimary Location Reston, Virginia Additional Locations Date posted 06/05/2019
Sr. Account Manager (Air Force)
Prefer the Washington DC area, but open to any Major City location
About the Job:
Responsible for developing and executing against the overall sales strategy of the territory. The Account Manager plans and directs all sales activities including, but not limited to, resource planning, budget review, contract adherence as well as working with engineering, support, and inside sales teams.
- Establishes short and long-term goals plus a plan in line with corporate objectives
- Sells products to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contacts prospective customers to determine product needs and perform sales presentations to match company’s products and identified needs
- Prospects and develops business, responds to RFPs, and develops proposals for presentation to customer
- Coordinates account resources with representatives from marketing, Pre-Sales engineering, and development.
- Remains knowledgeable of all McAfee products to facilitate sales effort.
- Responsible for guiding sales engineering resources as needed
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Provides follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided
- Manage all aspects of the evaluation program
- Continually monitors and adjusts to competitive activities within region and maintains an active pulse on the general business climate
- You have 10+ years of professional experience with 8+ years of direct enterprise software sales experience
- Proven track record of working with Government Systems Integrators on Air Force Program Business
- You have a highly consultative sales background with superb communication skills
- Possess intimate knowledge of the Military, specifically the Air Force.
- Prior experience and credibility selling to the C level
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- High level of ethical behavior
- A high level of ambitions balanced with good business judgment and instincts
- Proven track record of closing seven figure deals & a history of exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships
- High intellect and the capacity to multitask
- Your proven interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills will enable you to collaborate and be influential at all levels
- Adaptability and Flexibility – adapts to change, is open to new ideas and adjusts plans to meet changing business needs.
- Communication and Influence — you are able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. You also adjust your communication style/language to fit the appropriate audience.
- Customer Experience — you build customer confidence, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems and ensures commitments to customers are met.
- Decision Making & Judgement — you recognize problems and respond. You seek input from others and address root causes and not just symptoms.
- Initiative — you have a mentality of tackling problems and take independent action. You are hungry for new responsibilities and act on opportunities.
- Integrity & Ethics — you live out our McAfee values in everything that you do.
- Product/Technical Knowledge – you are able to convey the value proposition for each of our solutions.
- Personal Organization – you are an organized person and have defined time management and organizational strategies that work for you.
- Results Focused – you like a challenge. You set challenging goals and are able to target and achieve results.
- Technical Knowledge & Skills – you are constantly keeping a pulse on the ever-changing technical and Security landscape. Also, you are enthusiastic for new systems and applications.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
FDM1 - US - Reston VA
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.