Advanced Threat Research - Senior Cloud Vulnerability ResearcherPrimary Location Hillsboro, Oregon Additional Locations Date posted 02/11/2019
Who we are?
McAfee’s Advanced Threat Research team is one of the leading threat research teams in the world.
ATR’s goal is to identify and illuminate a broad spectrum of threats in today’s complex and evolving (threat) landscape. Our best-of-breed research team leverages a wide range of unique skills and talents to address this challenge. ATR researchers are responsible for leading-edge research in nearly every vertical of threat, including those targeting specific industries such as finance, retail, healthcare, academic, industrial controls, cloud and many more.
About this position…
We are looking for a cloud security researcher who is passionate about finding vulnerabilities in cloud technologies and environments.
What you will do…
- Research of vulnerabilities in Cloud environments like AWS/AZURE/O365/Kubernetes etc.
- Research of modern exploits and exploitation techniques against Cloud, developing proof-of-concept attacks, analysis of emerging threats, research of effective mitigation and security technologies, development of security testing tools as well as presenting research results at conferences.
- Threat assessment, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, architecture and design security reviews and design of security components to ensure security of products, technologies and systems.
- May include development and delivery of security training and classes.
- Maintain substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art security principles, theories, attacks.
- May participate in development of intellectual property.
- Require thorough knowledge of security practices, procedures and capabilities in order to perform non-repetitive, analytical work.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Preferable a degree in computer science.
- Minimum of three years of experience with conducting security research in Cloud environments and technology
- Motivation and passion for cyber security, an interest in breaking things to improve the state of security
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis, fuzzing and use of vulnerability tools
- Extensive understanding of Cloud Architecture fundamentals
- Ability to work in both team and individual settings
- Track record of research publications and or tools
- Experience and research in Hypervisor threats
- Possesses the ability to use in-depth knowledge to identify and present your research to team-members and senior leadership
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Shift 1 (United States of America)
HIL1 - US - Hillsboro OR
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- McAfee Security Skyhigh Cloud Security Solutions Architect - West Coast (Remote)... Engineering, Cloud Santa Clara, California, Boise, Idaho, Phoenix, Arizona, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Folsom, California, Irvine, California, Hillsboro, Oregon, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, Los Angeles, California, Denver, Colorado, , Carson City, Nevada