Advanced Threat Research - Vulnerability Researcher, JuniorPrimary Location US, Oregon, Hillsboro Date posted 04/19/2021
Job Title:Advanced Threat Research - Vulnerability Researcher, Junior
Role Overview:The Advanced Research Team in the Office of the CTO focuses on leading edge security research. ATR is tasked with discovery and analysis of new vulnerabilities, malicious actors, campaigns, and new attack techniques. . You will be asked to use your development and analysis skills to support security research while exploring new research tools and techniques. You will approach problems from multiple angles while at the same time demonstrating those approaches to others.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- Effective procedural programming skills.
- Proficiency in coding HTML and CSS to specification. UX design experience not required.
- Some *nix experience. You are comfortable using command line tools.
- You should be able to adapt to new problems and learn new skills to solve them
- Networking experience – ability to read and dissect network traffic and packet structure
- Researcher mentality – inspired to find and explore security issues or implementations, and corresponding ability to analyze and present findings
- Experience with vulnerabilities including techniques, mitigations, and exploitation
- Experience with malware, ideally including some experience with reverse engineering and debugging
- Strong technical writing skills – experience delivering technical content in a variety of formats including blogs, whitepapers, conference presentations, and more
- Ability to interface with multiple internal and external entities for collaboration and problem solving
Beneficial, but not required:
- Object Orientation design
- Machine learning, data science experience using multiple industry standard algorithms and concepts (DNN, Linear/Logistic Regression, reinforcement learning, etc.) and tools (Anaconda, Python Notebooks, Jupyter, etc…)
- Experience programmatically reading from and writing to relational databases.
- Full stack web development experience or sufficient knowledge of all components.
- Using code management with multiple users such as with GIT.
- Knowledge of OS fundamentals – operating system, drivers, memory management, kernel structure, etc.
- Experience using industry security tools: IDA Pro, debuggers, Wireshark, Metasploit, Kali, and more
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.