Cybersecurity InternPrimary Location Hillsboro, Oregon Additional Locations Date posted 11/28/2018
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry leaders, we aim to develop high-performance system software solutions with availability and reliability.
We are looking for interns with unique and innovative skills, style and point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you possess a passion for cybersecurity design. Some of the responsibilities of the role are:
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert
- Reflexively use SCM, check in your code, configurations, documentation and recipes
- Improving processes and products lines
- Communicating with key stakeholders within the organization to build and deliver product features
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
The program is a 10-12 week assignment where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
INTERNSHIP BEGINNING: Late May 2019
INTERNSHIP CONCLUSION: Mid-August 2019
- Majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree only
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year from obtaining your degree at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your degree no later than August 2020
We’re looking for candidates who have an understanding of the following:
- Knowledge of programing and scripting languages such as C++, JAVA, Perl and Python
- Familiarly with Engineering Best Practices and SDLC
- Familiarly with Software Version Control such as GIT
- Familiarly with Project Tracking Software such as JIRA
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application on our company website.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.