Cybersecurity internPrimary Location Hillsboro, Oregon Additional Locations Date posted 12/05/2018
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry leaders, we aim to develop high-performance system software solutions with availability and reliability.
We are looking for interns with unique and innovative skills, style, and point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you possess a passion for cybersecurity design. Some of the responsibilities of the role are:
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert
- Work with subject matter experts on a given challenge, explore possible options and recommend best solution
- Implement an existing solution, which may include coding, unit testing, manual testing, automation, and continuous integration build system updates
- Participate in team meeting on a regular cadence
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
The program is a six month assignment where you will undertake challenging project(s) designed to enhance/improve Endpoint product/process capabilities. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
We’re looking for candidates who have an understanding of the following:
- Scripting languages such as Perl, Python or similar
- Programming language such as C++ would be beneficial
- Knowledge of CI/CD framework and tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins or similar
Knowledge of White Box and Grey Box testing
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)
HIL1 - US - Hillsboro OR
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.