DevOps Technical LeadPrimary Location US, Oregon, Hillsboro Date posted 06/09/2021
Job Title:DevOps Technical Lead
Role Overview:Do Not Use
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About this role:
We are looking for an experienced Development Operations Technical Lead with the ability to guide a team of engineers to monitor, update and support an data center hardware infrastructure and the corresponding services that run in the data center. We require a hands-on technical leader that can develop scripting and monitoring solutions in addition to leading the team. As an accomplished Development Operations Technical Lead, you will improve deliverables for team of dev ops engineers and engineer solutions for complex challenges. You will report to the Manager of Engineering.
You will focus on the hardware and software infrastructure for services used to produce builds for Enterprise products and used to create automated test environments for Enterprise product validation. These services play a necessary role in the McAfee product release cycle and are a necessary component for Enterprise product delivery.
- Job #1 - Maintain, and resolve any issues with the hardware infrastructure in the data center
- You will create monitoring solutions to help detection and prevention of issues before they become major incidents
- You will create single pane of glass solutions to help unify monitoring data from multiple sources to help engineering teams view it in an way
- You will oversee the regular software updates for the software infrastructure to maintain a strict security standard
- You will oversee the regular deployments of updates to the software services
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in hardware infrastructure setup and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience with teams supporting data center hardware infrastructure
- 3+ years of relevant work experience delivering solutions for monitoring, OS patching, and service deployment
- Experience with scripting and monitoring solutions such as or similar to PowerShell and PRTG
- Experience with Packer image creation automation
- Experience with Linux and Mac OS
- Experience developing monitoring solutions programmer and as a technical lead of dev ops engineers
- Understanding of big data and how to collect and view appropriate information for the problem at hand
- Experience managing infrastructure hosted in a cloud service provider such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience leading teams in separate geographies
- You will assess and recommend new hardware and software technologies to improve infrastructure management and performance
- Proficient with leadership communication tools such as MS PowerPoint and MS Word and data summary and analysis tools such as MS Excel
- Familiarity with Splunk, PRTG, other monitoring tools and dashboards
- Knowledge of Java, Groovy
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.