Director, User ExperiencePrimary Location Hillsboro, Oregon Additional Locations US, California, Santa Clara; US, Texas, Plano Date posted 11/06/2018
Director, User Experience
McAfee is looking for a Director of User Experience to lead an accomplished team of UX designers across all corporate products. If you want to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with the energy of a startup and the strength of an industry leader, we want to talk to you.
About the Role
The Director of UX will work to define the design guidelines, look and feel and usability (UX/UI) requirements for McAfee’s corporate security products across all form factors. In the first year on the job you will successfully unify a broad array of McAfee products into a single cloud delivered, multi-form factor experience. Your public scorecard will be the customer Net Promoter Score for User Experience across the enterprise security products family.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management, Development and Product Marketing to develop a core understanding of our user personas, and their challenges and needs across all products.
- Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to develop compelling UX designs in the face of technical constraints.
- Develop mutual respect and trust with all stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency in look and feel across the products.
- Manage user experience research and usability studies.
- Manage regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways.
- Manage and inspire a large team of direct and indirect reports around the globe.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Decision Quality (Data Driven)
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
- Presentation Skills
- Building Effective Teams
- Cross Functional Collaboration
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field
- 15 years of experience in usability and/or a design related field.
- Prior experience in Enterprise Security a strong plus.
- Background in product development or product management a strong plus.
- Capable of communicating interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution.
- Proven track record of iterative design that includes accepting and incorporating feedback.
- Experience conducting customer research—ranging from insight protocols to usability tests.
- Background developing interaction prototypes.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.