Intern - Advanced Threat ResearchPrimary Location Hillsboro, Oregon Additional Locations Date posted 01/01/2019
The Advanced Research Team in the Office of the CTO focuses on leading edge security research. ATR is tasked with discovery and analysis of new vulnerabilities, malicious actors, campaigns, and cutting-edge attack techniques. This position will be challenging yet highly rewarding. Candidates will be expected use their development and analytical skills to assist in security research while exploring new research tools and techniques. A successful candidate will be able to approach problems from multiple angles with little direction while at the same time effectively communicating those approaches to others.
• Strong procedural programming skills.
• Proficiency in coding HTML and CSS to specification. UX design experience not required.
• Some *nix experience. Candidates should be comfortable using command line tools.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to new problems and learn new skills to solve them
- Networking experience – ability to read and dissect network traffic and packet structure
- Researcher mentality – driven to find and explore security issues or implementations, and corresponding ability to analyze and present findings
- Solid understanding of vulnerabilities including techniques, mitigations, and exploitation
- Solid understanding of malware, ideally including some experience with reverse engineering and debugging
- Strong technical writing skills – experience delivering technical content in a variety of formats including blogs, whitepapers, conference presentations, and more
- Ability to interface with multiple internal and external entities for collaboration and problem solving
Beneficial, but not required:
• Object Orientation design
• Machine learning, data science experience using multiple industry standard algorithms and concepts (DNN, Linear/Logistic Regression, reinforcement learning, etc.) and tools (Anaconda, Python Notebooks, Jupyter, etc…)
• Experience programmatically reading from and writing to relational databases.
• Full stack web development experience or sufficient knowledge of all components.
• Using code management with multiple users such as with GIT.
• Knowledge of OS fundamentals – operating system, drivers, memory management, kernel structure, etc.
- Experience using industry security tools: IDA Pro, debuggers, Wireshark, Metasploit, Kali, and more
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Analytics Intern Student, Internship Hillsboro Armory, Oregon, Plano, Texas, Hillsboro, Oregon
- software intern Engineering, Internship Hillsboro Armory, Oregon, Hillsboro, Oregon
- Software Development Engineering Intern Student, Software Development, Internship Hillsboro, Oregon, Hillsboro Armory, Oregon