Software Development EngineerPrimary Location US, Oregon, Hillsboro Date posted 04/11/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:McAfee is looking for a Software Development Engineer with customer support skills to work on a variety of customer-facing activities for product development services offered. These activities include developing enhancements to the services, outreach to internal McAfee product teams for expanded use of the services, evaluating issues and applying bug fixes. As an accomplished Software Development Engineer, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in an environment that values collaboration and encourages you to perform your best and challenges to engineer solutions for complex challenges. You will work across multiple services focused on build and test infrastructure. These services play an important role in the McAfee product release cycle by supporting McAfee product team needs for automated product build, validation and deployment. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Be the support and technical person on the team to work with McAfee product development teams who are using the Dev services.
- Develop a knowledge of the McAfee corporate products and related technology to understand cross product dependencies and coach product teams on how to integrate our services.
- Work with cross site product teams to isolate problems; and track the issues to complete resolution.
- Must excel in both individual and group settings Promptly identifying and escalating defects to the McAfee product teams. Bring open issues and discussions to a closure.
- Participate in Design Reviews and Code Inspections and Code Reviews.
- Your background includes 2+ years experience with common software development practices such as code reviews and defect analysis with an emphasis on support and sustaining responsibilities.
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of a failure.
- Expertise in using and installing Windows, UNIX, Linux or Mac operating systems.
- Experience in the area of functional testing of software products for production combined with the ability to analyze problems and present solutions.
- Have good knowledge of continuous delivery methodology and experience delivering software using continuous delivery principles.
- Have architectural, design, programming, and debugging experience.
- Have good knowledge of CD methodology and experience delivering software using CD principles.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.