Sr. Member of Technical StaffPrimary Location India, Hyderabad Additional Location(s) India, Bangalore Date posted 08/16/2021
Job Title:Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Role Overview:McAfee Enterprise is hiring for Sr.Engineer who has experience in building SAAS applications using cloud native components is an added advantage.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the role
- Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to developers, technical leaders who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support
- Work with Product Managers and Architects to establish product and engineering roadmaps.
- Required to provide architectural and technical guidance and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed.
- Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
- Collaborates with cross-functional managers and leaders to prioritize features and plan for software releases.
- Driver of engineering excellence in all facets of software lifecycle and responsible for tracking engineering efficiency using relevant metrics
- Mentor and guide the developers to make sound engineering decisions, improve code quality and encourage the team to get out of their comfort zone.
- Proven ability in change management and guide the development organization through strategic business decisions.
- 10+years of management experience leading Engineering organizations with at least 18 years of software industry experience
- Ability in change management and guidance through strategic decisions.
- Experience leading teams through change and evolution of tools, methodologies and business practices
- Experience leading teams of top-notch software engineers and guiding them in architectural and design decisions.
- Proven ability to hire and retain top industry talent.
- Experience working with geographically distributed cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining enterprise grade distributed systems
- Experience with Microservices driven architectures
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.