Software Development Engineer- RemotePrimary Location India Date posted 10-Jan-2022
Role Overview:Looking for Software Architect to make intuitive high level decisions for software development & create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team
About the role:
- Administer all present engineering processes and provide support to large software teams
- Design software architecture and provide support to all transactions for high volume and implement all standards and tools in company technology architecture to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the team
- Continuously researches emerging technologies and proposes changes to the existing architecture by evaluating and recommending tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently and possesses ability fix technical issues as they arise
- Analyzes the business impact that certain technical choices may have on a client’s business processes.
- Lead a diverse group of project stakeholders and members towards the successful delivery of a project
- 12-15 years’ experience in software development required with hands on experience in coding using Python/java/C++/Nodejs
- 8-10 years’ experience in architecting the solutions, creating technical design documents by detailing the implementation approaches, consulting experience of large scale enterprise applications
- Deep knowledge of software design techniques & ability to make complex architecture decisions
- Experience in engineering and architecting the high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms
- Experience in Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Machine Learning, CI-CD pipelines
- Determines coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Performs pathfinding and surveys technologies & recommend modifications and improvements to all products and services through regular analysis
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure, and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability of a system
- Expert in defining, designing, and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Strong collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation, and leading practices, and ensure efficient release of all product release at scale
- Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.