Sales EngineerPrimary Location Johannesburg, Date posted 07/22/2020
Job Title:Sales Engineer
South Africa, Johannesburg
As a Security Sales Engineer (SE), reporting to Director of Sales Engineering, you will play an important role in partnership with your sales account manager(s) to create a solution architecture and proposals that meet the customer’s requirements. You will be required Lead and engage throughout the sales life cycle from discovering the customer’s needs, writing proposals, solution demonstration, architect solutions, building the customers trust and leading the proof of concept to gain the technical win. Your sales focus will be aligned to our named accounts in South Africa. You will also work in collaboration with your direct SE Manager and Regional sales directors to contribute to sales strategy and team projects that create pipeline, customer excellence and best practices on technical wins
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
- Oversee the solution sales activities within the sales process to gain the technical win and the customers trust.
- Participate in solution led sales calls and prospect visits, qualifying the customer’s requirements
- Gather requirements, develop use cases, and understand our client's needs and constraints.
- Can present the “Threat Defense Life cycle” and how this solves the customers’ need and outcomes.
- Provide technical expertise on customer product and solution demonstrations
- Create unsolicited solution proposals and ensure it meets or exceed the customer’s requirements and is fit for the intended purpose.
- Oversee the technical or solution response to RFIs/RFPs and orchestration of the virtual teams to help bring a comprehensive consultative response.
- Present the solution proposal to the customer, demonstrate how we solve the customer’s requirements and how this aligns to the customers outcomes and differentiate from the competition
- Lead the proof of concept from engagement, ownership of all activities and orchestration, through to completion
- Retain a competent level of knowledge and technical experience across McAfee products, solutions and sales proposition
- Stay informed about security trends and industry analysts report and use this knowledge to create technical sales wins.
- Play a "Technical Account Management" role within your target accounts including building a trusted relationship, monitoring/managing customer issues in partnership with support, expand existing footprint and improve displacements.
- A mentor for SEs, sharing best practices, providing feedback to product Technical account lead for Customer Executive Briefing events
- Support customer beta activities and early adopter programs
- Maintain the technical SE activities within Salesforce system Participate in the Global Presales Enablement program, through delivery of formal classroom training
- Follow McAfee corporate guidelines and compliance
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.