Site Reliability EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 05/18/2018
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matter.
We seek a hands-on Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Senior DevOps Engineer, who'll be responsible for all aspects of network and server Operations in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment. You'll work with a top-notch team using cutting edge technology. We host high-capacity, high-performance infrastructure for enterprise cloud security controls. Operations collaborates cross-functionally with Engineering in an Agile-based environment on the design, delivery and implementation of product technology and services. We embrace DevOps philosophies and seek to automate everything.
• *nix expert and ability to reflexively use the command line to perform complex tasks
• Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert
• Reflexively use SCM, and check in your code, configurations, documentation and recipes
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Senior DevOps Engineer Expert in configuration management frameworks (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Salt)
• Expert in using the *nix command line, *nix power tools (e.g. find, make, sed, awk, xargs)
• Expert in configuring and managing enterprise monitoring and resource tracking systems (e.g. Nagios, Munin, Zabbix, Ganglia)
• Expertise with firewall applications (PF / IPTables) Expertise in using and managing source code management systems (e.g. Subversion, Mercurial, Git)
• Expertise in a high-level language like Python or Ruby. Architect, implement, scale server and network infrastructure to support high growth rates Hands-on scripting background (Bourne/Korn Shell, Python/Perl/Ruby)
• In depth knowledge of System, Network and Application security principles and practices High competence with network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
• SQL database administration experience strongly preferred
• Thorough familiarly with Debian/Ubuntu, CentOS and/or Free/OpenBSD
Shift 1 (India)
India, Bangalore (Cloud)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.