Project ManagerPrimary Location Slough, Additional Locations England, London Date posted 07/27/2018
We’re looking for an experienced Professional Services Project Manager for our UK regional business. Based in the field and McAfee Offices, this critical and very demanding role, is to help us understand and scope the right consultancy Services necessary for our customers, to then ensure our customer solutions are designed and implemented to the highest McAfee standards and therefore delight our customers.
Through our Professional services Project Manager, the Project Manager is expected to be the core interface for our sales teams and business partners, to qualify and confirm the Consulting and EDU services, then consistently achieve and exceed these goals.
It is essential that the Project Manager has strong and proven relationship and people skills at all levels, a strong “can do” attitude and possesses an understanding of projects and project management.
This should include project profitability (P&L), resource management and governance. The Project Manager is directly involved in shaping projects of varying size and complexity into our Large Enterprise customers and selected New Business/Commercial customers as well.
Overview of desired skills & experience
A self-starter with a proven track record and experience in a similar role. Strong relationship creation and management with an understanding of project delivery lifecycles, coupled with a record of successful pre-sales Projects
Some or all of the following skills and experience are valuable in order to be successful in this role;
- Ability to work at McAfee offices and on customer site
- “Can do” and “do whatever it takes” attitude and approach to working practices and demands of the business
- In line with the above, a very flexible approach to working and achieving desired business goals for McAfee
- Evidence of trusted relationship building at all levels
- Management of project delivery resources.
- Project Manager/Technical Project Manager experience in planning and leading projects to successful conclusion.
- Understanding of industry trends relating to Information Management and Security
- Prince 2/ITIL or similar qualified.
- Development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Experience of using experience, creativity, and best practices to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
The responsibilities for the role include the following areas:
- To form and grow strong trusted relationships with all internal and external stakeholders/customers (McAfee offices and customer sites)
- To understand and pro-actively manage leads and approve requests for McAfee Consulting
- Qualify opportunities, to ensure the correct solution approach and expert resources are assigned as necessary.
- To manage pipeline and forecast deals in current quarter.
- Create the Statement of Work documents and underlying P&L
- Seek customer and internal stakeholder approvals prior to deal closing.
- Identify delivery team – PM, partners, architects and consultants.
- Provide point of contact for Consulting issues and queries.
Project close and delivery
- To support and drive successful deal closure and subsequent project initiation tasks
- Engage and assign key resources for project delivery, including suitable Project Managers and approved partners.
- Act as management and escalation point for projects.
- Review and approve Change Control requests.
- To communicate and report on P&L progress throughout project delivery.
- Attend project governance meetings where appropriate to support the project and PM.
- Ensure project invoicing occurs as defined. Work closely with PM on project closure and customer delight!
Shift 1 (United Kingdom)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.