Channel Technical Manager – EMEA GSPPrimary Location Madrid, Madrid Additional Locations Date posted 03/20/2019
Channel Technical Manager – EMEA GSP
The Channel Technical Manager (CTM) individual is responsible for ensuring McAfee is adopted as a core element into the GSP’s Information Security Transformation ‘stack’, engaging with all aspects of the GSP partner’s architects and lead consultants to ensure that the value of McAfee’s portfolio is understood, and positioned into customer pursuits and services. The role consists of 3 main elements:
GSP Recruitment / Acquisition
Creates a bridge between the GSP partner’s go to market security aspirations and McAfees’ solutions to achieve a close mapping of the McAfee portfolio to the partner’s security service delivery architecture.
Support for Customer Pursuits
Work side-by-side with selected GSP partners to embed McAfee solutions into the customers’ security deliverables.
GSP Development Program
Develop, formalize and oversee a framework for GSP partner enablement, technical training, certification, and pre-sales technical win capability
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the role:
- Work as part of the McAfee GSP Partner management team in strategic GSP partner account development and support for strategic/large opportunities
- Develop strong working relationships with key GSP Partner security C-level and security functional heads, along with subject matter experts within the GSP
- Envision the high-level solution, ensure that it will meet the requirements, and validate the appropriateness of the solution with the partner and the partner’s customers.
- Express the solution in terms of deliverables that can be estimated and prioritized.
- Foster understanding and support for McAfee’s portfolio and the value that it brings to the partner.
- Positioning McAfee to underpin GSP Security Transformation offerings and services
- Socialize the McAfee proposition throughout the partner’s sales and pre-sales and professional services functions in all countries where the partner operates.
- Understand and work with the wider McAfee product management and presales groups to bring appropriate resource to support the process of partner engagement
- Provide support to GSP partner to assist in “sell with” activity to the partner’s customers, to ensure maximum attach rate for McAfee solutions in the customer outcome.
- Develop in conjunction with the Regional Channel Technical Management team, a formal technical enablement delivery framework, and create an GSP technical certification process that can be made operational across Theatre and globally throughout McAfee.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines in security information or Information technology including one or more of the following: CISSP, CCNA, CISM / CRISC CCSK – Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge
- Experience and background in GSP Consulting, Information Security and Technology Pre-Sales.
- At least 8+ years’ experience within hardware and/or software industry.
- Have a Consulting background, in order to understand the needs from the GSP’s perspective
- Self-starter, customer-focused, and one that can work well with others within the marketing and engineering organizations as well as inter departmentally and can work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to technically use the product in a live environments and WebEx demonstrations.
- Understand IT security and network infrastructures and experience with information security technologies including Endpoint Security, Network Security, Forensic Analysis, Data Loss Prevention, Security Management
- Ability to refine complex problems down to clearly defined issues and recommendations as well as ability to draw objective conclusions that can be substantiated with well-reasoned arguments- particularly when supporting data is sparse.
- Skilled with MS Office applications, public speaking, and project management.
- This position will require travel on a frequent basis within Theatre.
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee. Perks include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Support for Community Involvement and Programs
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Spain)
ADB1 - Spain - Madrid
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.